Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Woo Pig Sooie!

The University of Arkansas Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium and the fans 'Calling the Hogs'. Below- me & my very best friend Jessica Ryan in the stadium for a Hog football game!!! 

Hey y'all! I am sad that summer is over but I am not at all sad about Fall & COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!  I graduated from the University of Arkansas with my undergrad in 2011 & did some graduate work there last fall. Going to the Razorback football games & sitting in the student section has pretty much been the highlight of my fall semesters the past years. And I am so depressed that I am not a student anymore & can no longer get nice student athletic passes for the games. Then I have my brother who is currently a Sophomore at the UofA & could care less about going to a game...blasphemy. As for me, I live for it. No greater thrill than watching my Razorbacks plow down the field & 'calling my hogs'.  Here in Arkansas we dont have any pro football teams, so the entire state loves & cheers for the Razorbacks. I kind of love it & it makes us unique. A whole state behind one college team, diehard devoted fans with THE MOST UNIQUE mascot & cheer in the country. And let me also add that we are not just any college team. We are a Top 3 SEC team (Southeastern Conference aka best conference in the USA). Last year we finished in the top 5 in the nation, only losing to the #1 & #2 teams, Alabama & LSU - also SEC teams. This year we are ranked #10 for pre-season. I am pretty excited about our chances this season with our Senior-led team & our QB Tyler Wilson. We have our first game of the season this Saturday against Jacksonville State (who?) haha! GO HOGS! 

So this entire fall will be riddled with red/white/black manis because of my Arkansas Razorback football games. From not until November, you will see lots of red! I am not super happy with the way these turned out & will be doing another round of red nails in a couple days. I painted all nails, except ring nails, with 4 coats of OPI "Don't Touch My TuTu!" from the NYC Ballet Collection - a sheer white jelly. Next I sponged China Glaze "Salsa" on the tips, followed by some China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" on the tips. I painted the entire accent nail with "Salsa" and then put some Milani 'Red' glitters on all the nails. Let me just say that China Glaze 'Salsa' is the most perfect red...perfect shade & such great formula. Again, not in love with this mani but will be trying something else this weekend...







my lovely Arkansas Razorback license plate! I love my HOGS!






Top Starters: #43 Tenarius Wright, #8 QB Tyler Wilson, #7 Knile Davis, #11 Cobi Hamilton

Everyone should know how to "CALL THOSE HOGS"!!!!!!!
Wooooooooooooooooooooo PIG SOOIE!!!!

also gotta have a badass song to accompany my team starting the 2012 season...
Who Gon Stop Me "...I cant stop!"

Music to my ears...nothing better than hearing 76,000 Razorback fans 'calling those HOGS'!!!!!! Hope yall enjoyed my first enstallment of red Razorback nails for this fall! More red to come!! Do I have fellow college football fans out there? Do you root for your alma mater? What team will you be pulling for this fall? Cant wait to hear from everybody! 
"For it's A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S for Arkansas...FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"


2 comments:

  1. I'm not even gonna pretend that I'm a sports fan (any sport..any team.. LOL) but I do love the mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge college football fan, but I root for my Michigan teams, of course :-) When it comes to sports, I like the pros. Beren disagrees that my way of thinking is correct, lol!

    ReplyDelete