OMG guys!!!!!!! Today's the day!!!! Can you Twihards believe it's been 5 years of the Twilight Saga movies???? I know I was mad & impatient about waiting an entire 12 months from the last Breaking Dawn to this one, but now im just sad that it's all finally come to an end...the The Twilight Saga is actually over. Don't judge me but I've already cried about this. The Twilight books were the 1st series of books I actually sat down & devoured & read from start to finish. Now here's my backstory: when the books were huge around 2007-2008, I didn't pay much attention & thought they were silly stories for young teens. **SLAP** Boy was I wrong! I spent the Spring of 2009 in Mexico studying abroad. The summer I got back, my brother Tyler had bought the first Twilight movies & had received the Twilight books earlier for Christmas 2008. We watched the first movie together & he harped on me & convinced me that I just HAD to read the books because the books were so much better. After we finished the movie, I sat down & started reading. I WAS HOOKED!! I spent the rest of that summer/fall reading the entire series. I fell in love. I saw New Moon in theaters & even waited till midnight to go buy New Moon on DVD from Wal-Mart. By this point I was getting seriously addicted & obsessed. For Eclipse, I bought midnight premiere tickets & saw it with Tyler. Then for Breaking Dawn Part 1, I bought my midnight premiere tickets nearly 2 months in advance & saw it with my best friend Jessie & her mom. I own all 5 soundtracks. I have posters from every movie up on my walls. I have Twilight puzzles & boardgames, magazines, collector's edition dvds, and have the entire set of books in both paper & hardback. I havent loved a book-movie series more than this one. I love vampires & I love the idea of this impossible fantastical love. Now, this final movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2 is here. I bought my early premiere tickets on October 1st. This year the theaters are releasing it at 10pm the first night instead of midnight because it's a school night, and not in the summer or on a holiday/vacation time. So now in less than 12 hours I will be sitting in the theater watching this last epic finale! Mrs. Bella Cullen is a vampire now & she's had a `child...Renesmee! This movie is going to be freaking amazing...i wish they had made it like 3 hours long! I have watched every single trailer & tv spot there is, over & over again. I've seen all the stills. I've bought the merchandise & have been listening to the soundtrack. It's a bittersweet feeling - excitement to see it & sadness for the end. Who else out there is seeing the early premiere tonight???
Now this is the first time I've done a specific mani for the series. It's a varied assortment of things, something different on each nail in a range of red, black, white & grey.
- On the thumb nails I used 2 coats of a bright true red jelly by L'oreal "Caught Red-Handed" then topped it with a coat of "Static TV" by Rainbow Polish, compiled of black & white matte glitters in hexes, squares, & sticks
- On the index nails I used 2 coats of Essie "Marshmallow" then topped them with 2 'Twilight' water slide decals made by RLR Creations
- On the middle nails I used 2 coats of Essie "Licorice" then used L'oreal "Caught Red-Handed" & "Greycian Goddess" & Essie "Marshmallow" for water marble
- On the pinky nails I did the same water marble with Marshmallow as the base
- Finally on the ring nails I used 2 coats of "Greycian Goddess" as the base for the star of the show.... "BELLA" by I Love NP!!!! "Bella" is a clear base with shiny red squares & small shiny hexes mixed with medium & small matte black hexes & matte black sticks
- This is all topped with a coat of Out The Door topcoat
"The Forgotten" by Green Day
...some loves last forever......theirs will last forever
Now Amanda from Nail Polish Enthusiast & I wanted to do some 'twinsie' Twilight nails because we both share an obsessed love for all things Twilight & we have the same Twilight water decals. I am seeing the movie tonight so I'm posting my nails today. Amanda is seeing the movie this weekend so she will be posting her nails on Saturday for all the fans who cant make it to the early premiere or who prefer to avoid the massive lines/crowds. Be on the lookout for her Twihard nails!!!! Is anyone else out there a Twilight lover? Going to see the premiere tonight?? Gaaaahhhhh I cant wait & cant believe it! This is it guys! The end. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.