Hey y'all!!!!!! Ok so today is NICOLE and I's very last post for our little Friday Football Nail Series we've been doing together for the past 5 weeks! It went by so fast! I hope we inspired you to try some nails to support your personal favorite teams! This Friday for our last nails & posts we are doing 'General Football' nails...just something to represent football as a game & as a whole. If you couldn't already gather, I love me some football. I didn't always watch it. I really started getting into football my freshman year of college in 2005. My parents arent sport watchers at all. They started watching pro tennis on tv when I started playing tennis. And once I started attending the University of Arkansas & was going to the games as a student, they just had no choice but to start watching & loving the Arkansas Razorbacks. To end this series I will give yall an update on my 3 teams:
- My alum, the Bentonville HS Tigers are now 10-0 for the season & won their 6th straight Conference Championship. They have bye for the first round of play-offs tonight. Their first play-off game will be next Friday. I hope they pull off another perfect season & win the State Championship again! Go Tigers!
- My Arkansas Razorbacks are making some slight improvements - We are 2-3 in SEC Conference & 4-5 overall. Sadly we don't look like we'll be playing in any Bowl Games this season :( Tomorrow we take on the #8 South Carolina Gamecocks there. GO HOGS! Woo Pig Sooie!
- The New Orleans Saints are 3-5 right now & play the Atlanta Falcons Sunday night. GEAUX SAINTS!!!
To interpret my overall love of the game of football on my nails -
- I did 'football' laces on my thumbs by painting the whole nail with L'oreal "Downtown Chic"...really impressed with the formula on this polish! And then i used a Sally Hansen nail art pen in white to paint on the center laces
- On my ring nails, I wanted to do the '50 yard line'. So I painted the the whole nail with Essie "Mojito Madness" then used the SH pen to draw field lines & a number 50.
- On the rest of the nails I painted them with 1 coat of Butter London "Tart With A Heart" then freehanded the tips with more of the L'oreal "Downtown Chic"
- I finished it all off with Out The Door Fast Dry Topcoat....im making a switch from Seche Vite to OTD because I'm tired of the shrinkage + chemical hazards of SV. Im loving it so far!
Head on over to Nicole's blog - Polish Me, Please! to see her interpretation of 'General Football' nails!!!
We hope yall have enjoyed this little 5-week series Nicole & I did! It was so fun just like Nicole, and it helped keep me on my toes of trying to be creative & attempt new nail art. Maybe somewhere down the road we can come up with another nail series for yah! Stay tuned in for next week's BREAKING DAWN PART 2 'Twinsie' post that I'll be doing with Amanda from The Nail Polish Enthusiast!! We are doing our nails for this last Twilight Saga movie premiere!