Friday, October 26, 2012

Guest Post: Team Swap!


Hey There Polished People! This is Nicole from Polish Me, Please! :) 

I hope you all have been enjoying Ryan and my football nail posts every Friday. Personally, I think half the fun of watching football games is getting all dressed up in  team gear, doing your nails for the game and making snacks for everyone to enjoy. Oh, and I think you need some festive drinks, too, if you know what I mean. ;) For you youngins I recommend some fun punch and some pop, and for us not-so-youngins I'm a fan of long islands, jello shots, cheap wine and/or whatever else floats your boat. It's fun to have watch parties and get all your friends together, even if you're not a die hard fanatic. Speaking of die hard fanatics- Ryan's team, as you all know, is the Arkansas Razorbacks aka The Hogs. We all know how much she loves them hogs! Haha. I remember in the beginning of the football season she was posting pictures on Instagram of all her billions and billions of red nail polishes in order to do her nails in Arkansas Razorbacks colors. In fact, all those posts about red nail polish for her Hogs is what made me want to do these football nails together. Anyway, before I keep blabbing on- let's just see the nails that I did in honor of Ryan's beloved team. :)

Arkansas Razorbacks Nails





How To Get These Nails:
1. Use base coat on all your nails. I like to use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails.
2. Paint your thumb (not shown) and index finger with OPI Big Apple Red.
3. Paint your ring finger with ChG White on White and then a layer of OPI Red Shatter applied in a wavy pattern. Cover the shatter with Seche Vite once it's dry and shattered. 
4. Paint your middle finger and pinkie with alternating layers of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu and OPI Gettin Miss Piggy With It to create a white with red glitter jelly sandwich. Make sure to end with a thin coat of the white jelly. 
5. Use a small brush and ChG White on White to paint the hog's tusks on the index finger, then use FP Black Expressionism to add the rest of the details of the hog's face. Make sure to make him look mean! :) Add tiny dots of white for the whites of his eyes.
6. Use FP Black Expressionism to make an A for Arkansas on your ring finger. When the black is dry, use ChG White on White to paint a thinner A in the middle of the black A to complete the letterman jacket-style letter. 
7. Use Essie Jelly Apple to paint a medium width line down the center of your jelly sandwich nails (middle and pinkie fingers). Use black and white stripers to add the stripes in the middle and on either side of the thick red stripe like you see in the picture.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 on other hand. 
9. When all your nails are completely dry (you do NOT wanna smudge these) apply a careful coat of Seche Vite making sure to never touch any part of any nail twice during this first careful coat. 
10. Apply another coat of Seche Vite when the first is dry. 
11. Show your friends and cheer on the Hogs with a "woo pig sooie!!" ;D

I chose to do a bit of a skittley look to capture all the fun and excitement Ryan has for her Hogs. :) I hope you all liked them!! Make sure to hop on over to my blog, Polish Me, Please! and check out the Oregon Ducks nails Ryan did for me! :) Let us know what you think in the comments below! Thanks for reading my guest post, I hope to see you over at Polish Me, Please! and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Ok, just to show you that I love ya! :P So I think I already mentioned on your blog that I hate sports and don't follow any, but I think you did an awesome job on these. I even think the shatter looks good which is something I never thought I would be writing. Good show! Additionally, the dreaded captcha just showed up. Now you know I really love you. lol

    ReplyDelete