Friday, July 13, 2012

CROSSFIT


Do you WOD??? Hey y'all! Ryan here with another mani for you...inspired by my newest love: CROSSFIT!!!! Do I have any fellow CrossFit sisters out there? Have you heard of it? Let me tell you, I thought tennis didn't go well with my girlish hobby of painting my nails constantly; but CrossFit pushes it to the next limit & REALLY doesn't go well with pretty nails ;D But that's just CrossFit: pushing the limits. I did my On-Ramp training in the middle of May this year & have now been going to classes about 5 days/week ever since. I have played varsity sports my entire life and I've never experienced a fitness regimen quite like CrossFit. I live in Arkansas & attend probably the best "Box" there is - CrossFit NWA & have the most amazing badass coaches any Crossfitter could ever ask for.  It's the epitome of what a 'real' beautiful woman should look like: muscular & fit. Some people call it a 'cult'.....well I call it a family. No matter what time of class I've shown up for, some really incredible people have stepped out to help me with form, encourage me, give me the greatest compliments, and cheer me on.  It hurts. It's painful. I'm still nervous & scared every time I walk in (unless it's a strength day) before I start the day's WOD (Workout Of the Day).  But I always walk out feeling better than the day before. Finishing a CrossFit WOD leaves you with such a fulfilling sense of pride & completion. It's intense & hardcore. I'm in love.

My mani was inspired by my CrossFit Box's logo with a splatter design and the fact that this week & weekend is the 2012 CrossFit Games in California. It's like the Olympics of CrossFit and is being aired on ESPN3.  So I did a black & white splatter mani.  I've done 3 or 4 splatter manis....I really love em because they're so fun & easy.  Painted all my nails with OPI "Black Onyx", except my ring fingers.  I left those to be accent nails painted with ULTA "Snow White".  Then just take a short straw, dip it into the bottle, blow hard & get a unique splattered look on each nail. I love this black/white contrast.  Now if these calloused & ripped up palms from pull-up bars aren't just the sexiest thing you've ever seen, then I don't know what is ;) But at least when I'm doing snatches & split jerks I have fab nails haha!

Some CrossFit Mottos....

 Ring Dips or Muscle-Ups anyone???


 The Kettlebell: an essential piece of CrossFit equipment





What is CrossFit? Check out this video made by Reebok, aired at the 2011 Games...

That's it for my protest of love for Crossfit & my splatter nails! Hope y'all enjoyed it....both parts of the post. I would love to know if I have any other Crossfitters out there; and if you've never heard of CrossFit, maybe my enthusiasm & the video will inspire you to find a 'box' near you & join!!!! 
Train To Survive!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Crossfit would royally kick my ass. Literally. Ass kicked. I'm glad you found something though that you love and are passionate about just like tennis!


    this mani is freaking amazing!!!! the black and white and how they contrast together with the splatter is so cool!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the splatter! I really like the inverted colors on the accent nail - the splatters look almost like smoke.

    Crossfit sounds intense and scary. LOL

    ReplyDelete