Friday, July 6, 2012

Mint Mojito


Hey y'all! Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July! I'm sure many of y'all celebrated with drinks & fireworks.  I spent mine at a friends pool party, playing volleyball. We didn't have fireworks because of a burn ban...all of NW Arkansas banned fireworks :( oh well. I just took of my patriotic red, white, & blue to get into something more summery! 

Ever since buying Essie's "Mojito Madness", I wanted to do a green gradient.  So I paired it with China Glaze "Refresh-Mint" to create the sponge gradient effect with a wet makeup sponge.  Just the 2 polish color names was a minty mojito.  Have you ever tasted a mojito? Pretty simple Cuban drink (and yes, apparently the only good mojito is made with Havana Club Cuban Rum)...made of muddled mint, lime juice, sugar & rum. So I thought my nails looked like a glass of a mojito: the mint being at the bottom of the glass, lime juice squeezed in then topped with rum (aka Seche Vite).  Here's the Havana Club recipe:

ingredients

2 teaspoons of sugar
Juice of Half a Lime
2 mint sprigs
2 parts of sparkling water (9cl)
1 part of Havana Club Añejo 3 Años (4.5cl)
4 ice cubes

method

In a tall glass, add 2 teaspoons of sugar, the juice of half a lime, 2 mint sprigs and 2 parts of sparkling water (9cl). Muddle gently. Then add one part of Havana Club Añejo 3 Años and the ice cubes.
Stir well, and enjoy responsibly!











Now if you don't know me by now, I love music & always incorporate a relatable song into my posts. To go with my Minty Mojito Madness, we need something in party mode! One of my fave songs this summer is "We Run The Night".  And how perfect is it that it is sung by Havana Brown (to go with our Havana Club Rum), and featuring Pitbull (who is Cuban).  Now with my nails, I am imagining myself dancing in a Miami club to this song while sipping a tasty Cuban Mojito. Aren't you??? :)


Hope y'all enjoyed this 'mint mojito' post! Until next time! Hope you're having a sexy summer!


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Love the mani and glad to see another post!! I can't believe I still haven't done a gradient mani >.< I fail. You win. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gradient!! I like the colors you chose, they look so fresh and summery. :) Also- now I want a mojito. Mmmmmmm.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for new posts! I have yet to try a gradient...like an actual one. This is perfect! love the two greens together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried a mojito once and realized I am not a fan of leafy things in my drink, but I do like a mojito in an Essie bottle!

    ReplyDelete